One of the most significant Ukrainian prêt-à-porter events, Ukrainian Fashion Week (UFW), celebrates its 25th anniversary. With a mission to promote modern Ukrainian fashion worldwide, the festival has helped discover numerous young talents. Over the years, the new generations of designers have earned a high reputation both in Ukraine and internationally.
In 2022, the seasonal Ukrainian Fashion Week is held on February 3-6 in Kyiv, showcasing FW22-23 collections in phygital format.
While preparing to follow the show, let’s explore key facts about the most awaited fashion event of the season.
- The first Ukrainian Fashion Week event took place in November 1997, making it the first of its kind in Central & Eastern Europe! For 25 years, the organisers have not missed a single season despite all the challenges throughout these years.
- Over the past 25 years, Ukrainian Fashion Week has hosted more than 1,600 shows and collections presentations by over 400 brands. Up to 12,000 guests visit it seasonally.
- Ukrainian Fashion Week shows were held at various places (sometimes quite unusual). For example, National Art Museum and the Museum of Folk Decorative Art, Botanical Garden, the platform of the train station, airport, an abandoned subway station, hotel, club, National Academy of Arts, on the roof of a skyscraper overlooking the St. Nicholas Church and in the very centre of Kyiv, on Khreshchatyk Street.
- It supports young talents via Ukrainian and international competitions — ‘LOOK into the Future’, International Young Designers Contest, Fashion Film Festival Kyiv, Best Fashion Awards, BE SUSTAINABLE! Fashion Summit. The events receive regular attention from the world’s fashion magazines.
- Ukrainian designers, who present their new collections at Ukrainian Fashion Week, are increasingly popular among celebrities. Madonna, Monica Bellucci, Naomi Campbell, May Musk, Lady Gaga, Celine Dion, Bela Hadid, Ariana Grande, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Dakota Johnson, Sophie Turner, Katy Perry, Emma Roberts, Emma Roberts, Gwen Stefani, Dua Lipa, Heidi Klum, Kendall Jenner, Chloe Kardashian and other stars from the world of cinema, fashion, music and sport wear clothes, shoes and accessories created by Ukrainian talents of the fashion industry.
See the full Ukrainian Fashion Week program of the official website and follow the live stream of the first event of the season.