Take a city break to Kyiv, Lviv or Odesa
Ever had that experience of being stuck at home and feeling a growing desire to escape for a weekend? Visiting Ukraine is perfect when you want to take a city break! With a great diversity of tourist spots and activities, it also happens to be very easy to travel to major Ukrainian cities — be it a vibrant city on the seaside, a cultural center, or Ukraine’s capital city — everyone can make a travel itinerary up to their taste in Ukraine.
So here are some local tips&tricks for your memorable city break in Ukraine.
Five things to do on a city break in Kyiv:
- Explore modern culture as well as the vibrant nightlife scene in the Podil district or on Reytarska Street. Don’t forget to taste Ukrainian wine!
- Visit the National Art Museum of Ukraine and explore its unique collection of Ukrainian avant-garde
- Try Ukrainian borscht or Chicken Kyiv (also known as Chicken Kiev) in one of the many high-quality Ukrainian restaurants in the city center of Kyiv
- Take a guided walking tour around the city center and behold the many examples of famous Soviet modernist architecture
- Take a river cruise to the Kyiv Sea which is an artificial water reservoir, to the north of Kyiv
Five things to do on a city break in Lviv:
- Take a local guide and explore the old part of the city — the whole area is a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Try Lviv chocolate and coffee — this city is justly famous for both
- Go for a spa day at the Edem Resort and leave all your worries and stress behind
- Enjoy Lviv’s fantastic gastronomic scene — you will be amazed by the diversity and quality of its local restaurants and its cafe culture
- Discover Lviv from a rooftop perspective — several restaurants and hotels offer this memorable experience
Five things to do on a city break in Odesa:
- Take a long evening walk along the seaside coast in the Arcadia district
- Go for a wine-tasting experience in one of the biggest wineries in the region — Shabo (it’s just a one hour drive from Odesa)
- Try kite or windsurfing in one of the spots near Odesa
- Dive into Odesa’s beach nightlife — Ibiza, Itaka and other open-air nightclubs in the Arcadia district are not to be missed
- Don’t forget the gastronomic experience — guaranteed wherever you go in Ukraine!
Wherever you travel in Ukraine, you’ll have a perfect weekend. Be ready to make your wishlist of activities to try!